The Power of Color for your Gym
To apply color psychology correctly, it is important to understand what certain colors stand for and what they mean. Below you will find not only the associations of the colors, but also the operation! We humans associate colors with thoughts and feelings. They bring us into a specific state of mind. If you are aware of these associations, you can use specific colors to reinforce your own philosophy, vision and the desired image of your sports center. If you apply the right colors in your interior, your athletes will achieve a stronger experience and bond with your gym. With this concept, you can distinguish yourself.
The philosophy / vision of Mark's sports center is that he wants to help and guide people. For this he uses certain catchwords in his expressions that represent this vision to him, such as: vitality, harmony, professionalism, knowledge, helpful, clean, innovative, tranquility, etc. These words are associated on a mental and emotional level with the colors Blue, Green and White. As soon as Mark applied these colors to his interior, his philosophy and vision were experienced more clearly by the athletes. A clear frame of mind and atmosphere arose in his gym. If Mark had opted for a Red interior, a dissociation would have arisen, a feeling that "it" is not quite right. Because Mark has created an environment in which the image and the philosophy / vision reinforce each other, he distinguishes himself from the other gyms in the area.
eye-catching colored barbells can also reinforce your interior and
bring it into harmony with your vision, your philosophy and the
- White stimulates a feeling of clarity. It helps you to be clean and accurate. It symbolizes a new beginning and is one of the most neutral colors.
- Associations: Clarity, Overview, Orderly, Clean, Cleanliness, Hygienic, Pure, Peace, Cleanness, Sharpness, Light, Peaceful, Organizing, Room, Enlightenment
- Red stimulates energy and triggers action. It is also known to give a feeling of trust and protection. More than any other color, red attracts a lot of attention.
- Associations: Energy, Action, Passion, Fire, Perseverance, Love, Warmth, Fast, Excitement, Ambition, Passion, Seduction, Sensuality, Urgent, Targeted, Determined
- Black is considered the darkest color there is. It cultivates a feeling of power and authority. It can be overwhelming in large doses and is known to trigger emotions such as anger.
- Associations: Power, Drive, Strength, Force, Strong, Anger, Boss, Destruction, Dignity, Authority, Serious, Conservative, Creative
- Blue creates a feeling of calmness and trust. It is considered a ‘cool’ color in the literal sense of the word. It stimulates productivity and is associated with reliability.
- Associations: Motion, Air, Dynamic, Endurance, Flow, Continuity, Sky, Ocean, Productivity, Professionalism, Trust, Sincerity, Stability, Coolness, Calm, Analytical, Loyalty,
- Green has a calming effect on people. It relaxes you, both mentally and physically, and helps to lower nervousness and anxiety.
- Associations: Harmony, Relaxation, Nature, Forest, Grass, Tranquility, Rest, Relaxed, Peace, Prosperity, Living, Calmness, Spring, Caring, Helping
- Pink is a sweet color that is in proportion to femininity, beauty, love and care.
- Associations: Youthful, Love, Friendship, Inwardly, Peace, Honor, Patience, Children and Family.
- Gold is associated with wealth and it is the most important color of the sun and its Gods.
- Associations: Male Strength, Prosperity, Promotion, Health, Celebrity, Success, Fortune, Appreciation, Safety, Humor, Recognition, Greed, Sunny and Long Life.